Closing Date: 2019-01-05
The Northern Midlands Council, one of the largest and most diverse municipalities in Tasmania, covering an area of 5,130 square kilometres is seeking to appoint a suitably experienced and qualified Works Supervisor.
The successful applicant will be responsible for supervising and coordinating all municipal services as required by the Northern Midlands Council. This will include, but is not limited to:
- The daily supervision of Works employees and subcontractors
- Organising and allocating resources and plant in the most efficient and effective manner
- Supervising contract and subdivision work
- Authorising the purchase of materials to enable works to be undertaken
- Assisting with general construction and maintenance work of bridges, kerb and channel, footpaths and road pavements
- Certification of Works employee timesheets, including periods of leave and plant operation sheets
- Coordinating plant and resources in emergency situations
- Ensuring plant and equipment is maintained in a safe working condition
- Provide accurate and timely advice to ratepayers
- Providing reports to the Works Manager and General Manager as directed and required
- Deputise for the Works Manager during periods of leave
The ideal candidate will be an experienced tradesman, with previous experience, knowledge and understanding of the construction and maintenance industries. Similarly, you will also have general knowledge and an understanding of municipal works and various plant and equipment. Previous supervisory/leadership experience is also a must, as this is a supervisory role as is the retention of a current driver’s licence.
In addition to this, you will also be an excellent communicator, have fantastic organisational skills, can recognise priorities and work to deadlines, be able to problem solve and be a team player.
This position will be offered on a permanent full-time basis and the terms and conditions of employment, including salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant, in accordance with the Northern Midlands Council Enterprise Agreement 2016-2019.
If you are appropriately experienced, we look forward to receiving your application, which should include a cover letter which addresses the requirements for this position and your current resume.
Applications should be addressed to Samantha Dhillon, People & Culture Business Partner, Northern Midlands Council, PO Box 156, Longford, Tasmania, 7301 or alternatively by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 5 January 2019 and all enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer